The M.A.B.

Puttin You On The Music And The Business

Jan 11, 2011

Inspiration Season

 I wanna put ya’ll up on this website that I thought was mad interesting. The sight is called TED.com. It’s a media site that’s dedicated to sharing ideas. I was on there clickin around and listening to different speakers present different things, and I ran into a video by a man named Seth Goding. Seth Goding is an entrepreneur and highly sought after lecturer.
In the video I watched he was talking about how the Internet has brought about the resurgence of tribes in a social networks. He explained how ‘tribes’ gave ordinary people the power to lead and make a big change.
Its not about having the masses behind you, its about finding that small dedicated few who will help you step by step create a ‘movement’. A movement is not about the masses, but about finding the ‘true believers’ of a cause.
         Alright, so let me break it down for you. If you in a rap group, a solo artist or you wanna start ya own label but don’t know where to begin, the power is at your very finger tips. Through social media sites like Facebook or Twitter you have the power to build your own following. Social media allows people to find their respective tribe to join and follow. It allows people who are seemingly disconnected but all share a similar yearning for something, unlike persuading them to want something they don’t have yet. So whether your hip-hop, R&B or neo-soul, those of a similar likeness will find you and because they identify themselves as being similar will help move the movement. This idea is not about being an inventor but about being a leader. Gooding used the example of Bob Marley who didn’t invent Rastafarianism but stood up and said, ‘follow me’.
         People are and always will be waiting to be led, and with social media it has become easier then ever for you, yes you reading this to stand up and take the lead. I felt this was valuable not only to me but to anyone. Hearing him talk about this made me look at two things: 1. The different possibilities for my current involvement in social networking sites, including this blog, And 2. The direction I choose to lead people in, I want to effect a positive change in people, that’s the legacy I want to leave. So Ima leave ya’ll with the video, I hope it come of some use to you as it did for me. Holla


0 comments:

Post a Comment