The M.A.B.

Puttin You On The Music And The Business

Jul 22, 2011

Motivation Music

           Sometimes music catches a real bad wrap (especially hip-hop) for a lot of violence in the black community while I was growing up. I’m not going to say it was without warrant either, but for now, I’m just gonna focus on the positive. I learned pretty early that music was just entertainment. So me listening to music throughout my life was to entertain me. Music was and is my get away.

I’m from Michigan. Flint city. Every other night was darker than the last. People can’t decide to buy dinner or buy gas and everybody’s related to somebody who’s laid off. I was surrounded on all sides by everything my parents tried to keep you from. I neither had the knowledge nor the wherewithal to detach myself from my surroundings. For that matter, I didn’t want too. I thought it was normal. I thought this was the life everybody lives. And then I got a radio…

My mind took off and hasn’t been back since. Hip-hop often accentuates the benefits that money brings. The fast cars, the clothes, the houses and the women. For me personally, it was the reality that I could one day elevate my current situation, and afford family and those close to me with everything life has to offer. Music never made me want to be a rapper, it made me dream. Music made me believe. That anything can be done. I just wanna live and experience it all…
          
           To enjoy music is to enjoy life. Just about every moment in my life worth remembering is connected to music or a particular song. The first time I kissed a girl…the music made me do it. The long hours you go through at the gym over the summer for the season…the music made me do it. But you get the point. Music is the oldest motivator in the book. So turn ya music up and keep ya heads up. Big ups to everybody grinding in the taco bell kitchen. One time for everybody waking up to punch the clock one more day at the dead-end. Keep dreaming. At the end of the day…that’s all we got. Ride Out...

0 comments:

Post a Comment